Optimizing energy usage to bring down electricity costs is crucial while operating air compressors. The ELGi Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) is your perfect partner on the road to cost savings.
ELGI VFD matches the compressor output with varying motor speed. Power consumption reduces as the demand reduces. VFD eliminates the frequent load-unload cycle and minimizes the starting current of the motor, thereby reducing unloaded power consumption which is normally 25-35% of the full load consumption.
The ELGI VFD retrofit panel is specially designed for compressors and is suitable for both ELGi Compressors and those of other makes.
The benefits of using ELGI VFD
- Control of system pressure in a range of + / -0.1 bar
- Dramatically improves the effectiveness of air storage to handle demand fluctuations
- Efficient system operation and high performance
- Considerable savings in maintenance cost and energy cost up to 215%
- Payback as low as 7 months*